View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 08:29 PM   #5
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Well this is no surprise, but I wish they weren't tainting the new Superman movie with all these heroes just to set up the movie. I'm guessing we'll see another "DCCU" movie before JL and after Superman vs Batman though.

I wonder about a few things though, Flash is now a TV show, will he be in the movie or will he be a different version? That would be confusing and suck since they're highly praised so far. What about Green Lantern? I didn't think the movie was too bad but it's too early to reboot GL. The can't just ignore Flash and GL because one has a tv show and the other had a movie that failed.

They could have a different GL(Kyle/Jon/Guy) without rebooting the franchise and just say Hal Jordan is elsewhere keeping the first movie ambiguously in continuity and without having to have a reboot so quickly. It'd be cool if they incorporate Flash from the TV show though, especially since the MCU also has in continuity TV shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
On the other hand, seems a bit early for a JL movie. With Marvel, it took a few movies before Avengers happen, during that time introducing and building up the characters. But I guess time will tell.
That's not entirely true, the ending of Iron Man the first film that Marvel made set up the Avengers movie and after the first Iron Man became a hit they announced Avengers (originally for 2011) along with the other "origin" movies. Sure it had more "movies" but outside of iron Man the other movies came out what a year before Avengers? That's hardly what I call a good set up, they all felt rushed and advertisement for the big movie. DC is doing something similar. We'll probably have atleast one Wonder Woman/Cyborg or Batman movie in between, the JL movie won't come out until 2020.

Edit: and i was right they also announced some DC movies in development, so they're rushing JL as much as Marvel did, in fact they're pretty much copying every blueprint and move Marvel did 6 years ago.

Last edited by sdp; 04-27-2014 at 08:34 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote