View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 06:27 AM   #44
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I've been busy with other editing projects, but I should be resuming work on this within the week.

In the meantime, I've learned someone else, a reddit user called WhoJANKINS, has been editing the film and talks about what he's done here:

Quote:
I was limited to the source material, so I couldn’t remove everything I wanted, or make DRASTIC changes. For instance, Since the I don’t have the soundtrack and voices in their own separate files from the actual footage, I was forced to leave some scenes in the film, that I would have otherwise removed. Also, some scenes (like Mikey in the Halloween Parade) had to be kept due to continuity issues.

I removed about 23 minutes of footage. Including cheesy lines, unfunny jokes, unnecessary basketball player cameos, mutant dick jokes, sexy Megan Fox scenes, and more.. And I only added about 3 minutes of extra footage not scene in the original film (Judith Hoag Cameo).

Here are a couple of the major changes..

Casey Jones - Taking out his introduction/storyline in the first act gives him a more mysterious entrance when he rescues April. I wish I could have taken him out of the chase scene completely but was impossible due to limitations with the sound. But removing his early scenes, actually move the movie along better, as well as clear up some annoying plot holes, like WHY would a bartender be more scared of Casey Jones than the Shredder!? But now, with removing a couple scenes, the bartender never had a GPS on the phones.

Mutagen DNA story line - By removing a few lines, the mutagen no longer works by activating a dormant gene from their animal ancestry. Leaving the mutagen a mystery. Or you can assume it works like it has in past iterations.

There are also dozens of little cuts and re-edits that I feel make the movie just a little bit more watchable. Most of the changes were made for the first two acts.. The third act is a lot of just action, and I thought that is what this movie did well at.
https://www.reddit.com/r/TMNT/commen...dows_fan_edit/
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote