View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 08:19 PM   #10
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
I've been to a few over the years. All different quality and style. Your thoughts?

I have been to several of the themed "haunted houses" over the years, including a famous one called Verdun Manor in the town of Forney. (Incidentally it is owned by Disney.) Verdun is very big and elaborate with some really cool special effects. I have also been in several REAL haunted locations as well. One is a sort of visceral pleasure at being scared; the other can (and sometimes does) involve real danger. I've been legitimately attacked by SOMETHING in a location that was known to be haunted. I've also seen and heard things that simply can't be explained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Well the ones in amusement parks and carnivals hire actors, so I don't care about them. As for "real" ones... well ghosts don't exist, so I don't believe in haunted houses. Some houses are noisy at night, but that's not due to paranormal activity.

The themed ones in carnivals and such can be a lot of fun- on either end of the equation. I volunteered to work one that was for a local charity one year(as a fortunetelling witch) and had fun scaring the patrons. They seemed to enjoy it too, and a few even squealed or backed away.

Ghosts don't exist..... I guess the pizza spatula that flew across the room right next to me after I expressed doubts about a particular nonexistant ghost's presence just flung itself sideways off the table forcefully on its own. Good to know..... Not the only time I've encountered such incidents either. If they don't exist they are doing a darn good job of pretending to!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote