View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 11:26 AM   #36
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
You bailed... on Breaking Bad? Damn, man. No point in me recommending Peaky Blinders or Sons of Anarchy then, is there...
Oh yeah, I tried the beginning of Sons of Anarchy as well. Couldn't do that either. Peaky Blinders is supposed to be a psychological thriller, is that right? Intrigued, if so.
Regarding Breaking Bad, I should amend that - I was actually deep in on it for like four seasons. Dropped out at a crucial moment and lost interest by the time I tried to jump back in. I think having someone to watch it with made it more enjoyable. I can appreciate how thrilling that show is.

If I didn't know better, I'd chalk it up to me having a low attention span and bailing before things get interesting, but the reason I don't think it's that is because, again, with movies, I don't mind a slow-burn at all. Some of my favorite films are 2001: A Space Odyssey, Arrival, Alien, Joker - not exactly fast-paced films.

I think it has something to do with the deliberate pacing of serialized television.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote