View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 05:20 PM   #76
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
I seriously wouldn't consider Toy Story 2 better than Toy Story 1. Technologically, yes. Otherwise, no.

You're right though, sequels can be better than their originals.
State your reasons instead of just saying no? Otherwise people can't see your view.

Both got 100% on rotten tomatoes though so I ain't gonna fret.

But I'll raise you the some scenes of Toy Story 2 which makes it greater than the original imo.

Jessie's sad scene (the original doesn't have any heart wrenching moment or as powerful moving moment)

Buzz Lightyear spectacular game opening scene (nothing as superb visually in the original)

Epic Buzz vs Zurg and Star Wars scene (the original has Sid as the villain but eh I prefer Zurg as he is stylish and a toy and he became a good guy in the end)

The toys come to rescue in a team (as opposed to only Woody alone and those other Sid's forgettable trainwreck toys)

A really famous/legendary/popular toy cameo in Toy Story. Barbie! (Original had no such thing)

There's also an addition of the lovely Mrs Potatohead!

This toy fixing scene is just gold to watch. Very professional and full of passion. So aesthetically pleasing! (Nothing really captivating with how humans treat the toys in the original. Well there's Sid burning Woody's forehead but eh that's lame)

Woody and his team as special collector's item pieces. it really reminds you that toys are more than mere child's plaything (the latter was the only focus in toy story 1. And I hated those simplistic kindergarten toys in Toy Story 3). Here they are treated as priceless artefacts. A marvel to behold.

More epic chase scene at the airport

Much better theme song

Pretty much everything is better than the original.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote