View Single Post
Old 06-18-2016, 12:11 AM   #129
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Yes, I do think it is under appreciated. For fans like me who aren't interested in reading comics but prefer having tv shows, having the 2k3 show is the closest we'll get to having a mirage tmnt on tv. Infact, I grew up watching the 2k3 show here and there and not the OT

Even if it was not connected to the mirage, I think it has many strong points. The voice acting, the animation especially on the fight scenes, the story arcs and character development, the background music which I think is underrated, really good characters like leonardo and Bishop and lastly, the sheer number of great episodes it produced especially from seasons 1-5.

As much as I love both the OT and the Nick show, i feel that the 2k3 show, even though it was a hit, never became as popular as the former two, especially the OT. It deserved alot more love. Maybe when the Nick show ends and the maybe general interest in tmnt will shift away from FW and towards mirage, then the 2k3 series will get more praise and be noticed more as the show that was the closest to the original comics and brought tmnt back to life after turtle mania ended.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 06-18-2016 at 12:20 AM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote