View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 09:59 PM   #32
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Fan service is a tricky thing, because show runners do want to please the fans but going overboard with fan service is usually bad as it can compromise the show runners original vision.
Indeed, too much fan service can affect a product but one crossover in an entire run of the series isn't overdoing it, Nick would've done just fine with only having one crossover.

Quote:
I didn't meant to say that a whole show should be done with a vastly different take on the Turtles, like making them pirates or have steampunk technology or anything like that, just an episode or multi-episode arc. I think it would be easier to pull off elseworld-style takes on the Turtles for just a few episodes rather than making a whole series about them, which would undoubtedly rub some fans the wrong way.
I'd love a show of the future mech turtles we saw in the summer shorts, we'll never get it but that would be exciting.

I didn't like your idea of elseworld stories until commenting on the Apocalypse thread of the Nick show. Now I think it would be awesome to have an elseworld story in every episode and see all these interpretations, or maybe even something like all the non-canon stories of Mirage vol.1 or what they tried to do with the summer shorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Just Hun going from human into becoming a mutant turtle and not cured when it's over, Chrell upgrading the Technodrome, making Krang a Kraang, and having Krang suddenly borrowing rock soldiers from the Kraang, when he had his own.
That's irrelevant, we didn't have another season where Hun was still mutated, nor did we see the upgraded technodrome in the OT.

But that's beside the point, what I meant is if you like 2k3 and not the OT or viceversa you can enjoy the crossover as your characters meeting these other turtles, if you don't care about the other turtles this doesn't force you to watch every episode of the other version, just see it as characters of the day.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote