View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 09:12 PM   #52
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
So y'know when a movie under performs and reps from the studio come out and say that while the box office fell short of expectations they are still pleased with the results and you get producers and actors saying there is still talk of a sequel months or even years later.

Notice how none of that happened after Out Of The Shadows tanked. Two weeks into it's run Sumner Redstone publicly declared it a failure, it was blamed for Paramounts market share dropping and even Nemec and Applebaum said there was not going to be part 3. The movie was such a disappointment no one involved could even commit to pretending there was a chance at another sequel.

Right now I imagine that if anyone at Paramount brings up the words Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles they have to a dollar in the swear jar so yeah it's very unlikely a new movie is being developed right now.

If Rise of the TMNT ends up being successful (and I mean as big as the previous iteration) then I suspect the people at Nickelodeon will have some words with Paramount about the possibility of a new movie but frankly there would have to do a lot of convincing. I doubt they would make a live action version of Rise but I doubt they will have done any introspection with what went wrong with the previous movie to do something more original. You don't have to go far online to encounter the attitude that TMNT only works as a Saturday morning cartoon or that it's too much of an 80/90s concept to be successful now, both provable ******** but I guarantee those kind of thoughts at least passed through the heads of Paramount execs after OOTS shadows tanked and it's that attitude people pitching a TMNT movie are going to have to overcome. Writing off TMNT completely is a lot easier than having to figure out what went wrong and how to fix it.

That's before you get into the idea that TMNT has a lot of problems that a lot of similar comic book movies don't have; like the protagonists are four anthropomorphic animals. I imagine they will still be set on full motion and facial capture cgi again but coming up with whole new 3D models from scratch. That's an expensive proposition and this time they don't have the assurance they did back in 2014 that at very least they'll get their investment back.
Maybe they can do it as a CGI movie like TMNT 2007. But if they did. I bet it'll tonally be more like Rise of the TMNT. cause with that series coming out this year. The show is being aimed at a younger audience. If Teen Titans Go can get a movie. Don't be surprise if they did a animated movie version of Rise of the TMNT.

As it stands right now. Nickelodeon sees TMNT as a kids property. and they are gonna tone it down to be for a younger demographic in the foreseeable future.

If you want your TMNT to be more mature. Your gonna have to read the IDW comics. Since that comic series can get mature sometimes.