View Single Post
Old 06-21-2014, 12:40 PM   #27
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Aw it's not so bad. Just another number, really. I tend to think about what a relief it is to have put a tun of unpleasant miles behind me. There was a gal everyone told me I shouldn't date in college, and I was dumb enough to go ahead with it anyway. I think of being fortunate enough to be out of that situation and in a much better one these days. I don't have anything against my x. Not anymore. We weren't right for each other, and I was too bent on finding Mrs. Right to realize that at the time. I did find the perfect person for me, but it happened when I wasn't searching so strenuously. I think I learned allot in my 20's, but the main thing was patience. Another one was-- ironically enough, how to be a better listener and how to be content. Well I guess I'm still learning about being a better listener. Those, and you never really stop learning life's lessons. There's always room for improvement so I can be a better friend/partner etc. But you do that a step at a time. Life is similar to algebra, or at least that was what one of my teachers used to say. You handle things one step at a time because it's complicated enough. I don't think I'd like to relive my 20's again. Well, maybe the good parts. I'd rather not have to relearn this and that all over again. I still have a tun to learn as it is. Life's crazy sometimes. One minute, I feel like I'm 30, and then it has a way of reminding me that I'm still green.