View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 06:12 AM   #74
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
*"The Pantheon" from Tales Vol. 2 #35 took some thinking. Splinter doesn't recognize the Rat King at all. But then, he doesn't recognize him when they meet in City at War. This can be explained in that its possible Splinter's memories of his first encounter with the Rat King and the Pantheon went fuzzy after he returned to the physical world. Now, this has to take place before the TMNT meet the Rat King at the old factory, too. For one thing, Rat King is still alive and he isn't nuts. I took it as this, after Splinter beat him, the Pantheon returned Rat King to Earth where he went nuts and eventually died after meeting the TMNT. So that means, since Splinter is living in the sewers and this takes place before Tales Vol. 1 #4, it happened before Vol. 1 #1. How long before Vol. 1 #1 is uncertain.
I also read this one as being a pre-TMNT Vol. 1 #1, also pre-Tales Vol.2 #1, using pretty much the same reasoning you've put forward here. You could read it either way, putting it anywhere from the very beginning to Tales Vol.1 #4, but it certainly makes sense having it before everything else.