View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 12:37 PM   #9
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
Lawson is credited on the script for City at War and I get the sense that he was much more involved with that story than Eastman was, maybe even more involved than Laird.
Eastman does seem fairly detached from CaW whenever we spoke about it years back. Like, eerily.

Quote:
If the extended Mirage family never formed I imagine we'd still get a Return to New York though in some fashion. Maybe a little sooner, or maybe a similar number of issues would fill the space of the early guest artists, but now penned by E&L, possibly with a bit more collaboration than those that followed #11.

I have a feeling Return to New York would be their fitting swan song to the property when they'd probably be interested in working on other solo projects since the cash wouldn't be flowing in forever on TMNT without the cartoon.
We don't know that. We know that not nearly as much money would have flown in, though who's to say what other, different, perhaps even better "deals" could have awaited K&P down the line if they'd held out a little longer. It's pretty stupid and shortsighted to believe that the SURGE/Playmates/Fred Wolf deal -- pretty much the first one that landed on their laps -- was the only deal that could ever have been profitable, or the only road that would lead to the TMNT being a phenomenon.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote