View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 12:57 AM   #1
Ninjinister
無問題

Rise of the TMNT toy speculation/discussion/announcement thread

Well, probably the biggest news in a while was dropped today; 2018 brings a new 2D animated TMNT series, Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

There's very little information on the content (which if you haven't seen yet, and want to read up, there's a topic in the Nicktoon subforum), and literally ZERO toy announcements, but I was thinking about how the toys will go. You know they're obviously going to have toys.

It's a pretty safe bet that Playmates will still have their tentacles on this. And par for the course, the first wave or two will probably start out pretty cool and then quickly diminish into 5 or less PoA underpainted lumps of plastic. I'd love to be wrong though on the latter! I don't want terrible figures!

Megabloks, if they're still under contract, will probably have Rise toys. That'd be neat. Minimates, too, if that still is a thing they'll be doing by then.

My hopes are that all non-Nick lines like stuff based on the '87 series and movies will continue as-is. Especially with Playmates' stuff... I don't want to see them re-re-re-re-re-release the bloody 88 figures AGAIN. Gotta wonder if they'll do more of them there wrestlin' Turtles but with the new Rise designs.

Ooh! I'd also hope to see the Rise characters mix into Heroclix!