View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 12:45 PM   #5
neatoman
Emperor

Least contentious might be a contentious statement itself.

While it is true that on it's own, there isn't much to get annoyed with. It's a children's cartoon with a reasonable storyline, decently written characters, some neat fight scenes and some (expected) toy marketing. It is fairly inoffensive. Where some issues may creep in is in the decision to adapt a signifigant portion of the Mirage comics while still being mostly for kids. While I don't really have a problem with it, I commend the series for actually trying instead of just ******** the bed trying to be it's own thing and missing the point in the process, I do see two camps who have a problem with it:

The first is Mirage fans who are a little annoyed at the changes that were necessary to make it work for children. While it is true that those comics were never really meant for children, I wouldn't agree the stories just stopped working because they were changed to be more suitable to children. But yes, there is certainly something of an edgeloss.

The second camp would be the sort of people who want the Fred Wolf cartoon to be the primary source of inspiration going forward. This show was pretty much the biggest middle finger to that idea in the franchise's history, the six year run is also evidence that emulating the Fred Wolf cartoon might not actually be the best approach going forward. Knowing that the franchise can move beyond the characters, tone and concepts of the Fred Wolf cartoon doesn't exactly look good for the advocates of sticking to them.
Hahahaha!

Last edited by neatoman; 08-14-2020 at 05:18 PM.
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote