View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 10:54 AM   #86
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
No worries. I think, thematically, it does fit better just before Krang War, but in terms of strict chronology I still think it takes place between 14 and 15. Just because the dates are really tight between Chet joining Stockgen and April joining as an intern, and the few weeks between Sins of the Father and Blood Brothers could mess that up (I know comic time, have to expect a few things like that, but if its intended release order fits then no need to mess that up by pushing it back).
I feel you on that. However the flashback designations aren't hard dates, so you can round them without stretching things.

"Fugitoid" placement on either side of Blood Brothers is only like a 3 days difference anyways. The bulk of it takes place within like 1 hour, then the last scene is only the very next day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
Bobby just said over at the IDW Forums that Microseries April is a better fit between TMNT #14 and TMNT #15 despite what his original editor's note on the issue's inside cover said.
Hm. This troubles me.

I know Bobby's the editor, but he even admitted that he didn't quite remember where "April" was supposed to take place. And since he's surely more mentally invested in City Fall and the upcoming villain micro's right now, I'm more inclined to side with his initial thinking in his editor's note on the inside cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
However, it actually reads better between #14 and #15, I think, as it acts as a prelude to "Blood Brothers"
No one will argue that, but I've done multiple series readthroughs in that original order (April, Casey, 13/14, 15/16) and it flows just fine with "April" coming first. And like Chris said, it makes it feel more "true to life" when related events have other stuff going on in between them.

Plus like I said, #15 states that Slash has been free for 2 weeks. The Casey issue and "Sins of the Father" take place over the course of one night, no more than 2 hours time. They fit right in there easy peasy.

Last edited by ToTheNines; 02-25-2013 at 10:59 AM.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote