View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 12:54 PM   #680
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Not really a random thought, but just a little tidbit I thought I'd toss in here...

Turtles in Netflix's The Haunting of Hill House. Sorta.
Quote:
http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/the-h...-couldnt-do-it

The final piece of set design I want to ask you about, and I apologise because this is the dumbest question you’re going to get asked in relation to your show, you had a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles pillow case in there! How did that end up in there?

That actually came out of, our young actor Julian Hilliard is a big Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fan. And he’s also playing with Ninja Turtles toys in episode two when you first see him out playing in the yard*. That was just a treat for Julian that he could have that. I wanted to do something for the kids that kind of brought a very recognisable modern, or somewhat modern, influence into such a Gothic house and that one just made me laugh.

There’s something particularly strange about taking something so cartoony and something so embedded in pop culture and shunting it into the middle of this really dark and strange environment. I just really liked it.

And Julian, we found, was really grateful to be able to do his work and be surrounded by the Turtles. He just loves them. That was more about him than anything.

Although we all know the TMNT are really no strangers to "dark and strange environment[s]." lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote