View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 09:57 PM   #15
sdp
Megan Fox = April

IIRC his daughter had a problem and thanks to a charity she recovered, this was during the filming of the AVGN movie, after that he auctioned off a bunch of AVGN memorabilia and donated everything to the charity that helped his daughter.

He mentioned he wanted to do more full length movies and not an AVGN one and he'd continue releasing AVGN shows but whenever it was possible, so no real schedule which is fine by me.

And see that's where my opinion differs from most of the fanbase, I loved the insane SMB3 review and all the over the top episodes like Bugs Bunny and others. James did as well, he's not really a gamer but a filmmaker and that's his passion so he tried to do things he liked with the AVGN but because the majority of the fans didn't he went "back to basics" which is actually easier for him to do as the other skits required a lot of work. A shame really, I just find reviews of just games a bit boring as he's done it for over 100 episodes, the laughs are not the same as the firsts time he said "f-ck this game" and countelss copy cats, but to each his own.

The movie wasn't that wacky though, so even though I'm a fan it was just a bit generic and boring since it wasn't paced very well. I thought I'd love it since I missed his long skits he used to do in episodes but I didn't. It's worth a watch if you like AVGN though and I think most dromers here enjoyed it, as usual I was the one with the odd opinion.

edit: oh I remember when the Wii U version of the AVGN game came out and everyone was getting banned for posting screenshots of the game on miiverse in the games community, it was hilarious. Eventually the AVGN Adventures community did not allow screenshots being posted as most of the game included things not allowed by their terms of service.

Last edited by sdp; 03-05-2017 at 10:40 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote