View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 02:03 PM   #5
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
OK... in other words, if I had a "pre-existing condition," and I had Obamacare, now I wouldn't even be allowed to pay the thousands of dollars out of pocket to be able to access the tiny, limited donut coverage inside?

I guess that's kind of crappy. But it seemed like already crappy beforehand. Sort of a non-issue if you just plain don't have the thousands of dollars to pay out of pocket, though.
It's my understanding that ObamaCare was a set of minimum requirements that insurance companies had to meet in order to participate in the market places. Where people could go on their own to get insurance straight from the companies.

As opposed to getting coverage through their employers, who would then deal with the insurance company.

That minimum requirement list has been lifted.
So even if you get insurance through your boss, if you have a pre-existing condition....that insurance company can deny you.
Or charge you more.

We've had RomneyCare, which is what ObamaCare is, in MA for a while now.
People who who don't have insurance are dinged come tax time.
Why? Because the leading reason that people declare bankruptcy is Medical Cost.
There are very few people in our country who aren't one catastrophic illness or injury away from financial ruin.
Which is kind of sad, for what is arguably the richest country in the world.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote