View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 01:10 PM   #55
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Palmer View Post
I'm still not 100% clear...what exactly were you guys wanting explained?

Are you guys wanting an explanation for the change in his look between movies? Or is the assumption that he died in the 1st movie and he's inexplicably back in the 2nd?
Yes, the change of actor. It would be one thing if they changed him with someone still in the same age-range, but shredder became a lot younger; younger than Eric Sachs who he was, as stated in the 2014 film, "like a father to."

He went from presumably an old man (albeit one curiously very capable in a robo-Shredder suit) to being in his upper 30s. Little bit of a stretch. (I know, I know, April in the old films changed, but the second actress is at least a believable replacement.)

Though they never mentioned Shredders name. It wouldn't have taken much to suggest that the Shredder in 2014 is maybe the father of 2016 Shredder.

I never assumed Shredder necessarily died in the first, since he was shown to move, but it would not have taken much effort or screen time to suggest in 2016 that he was injured and the old guy retired the position to his son, Saki.

It would have also given Shredder his own reason to actually hate the Turtles this time and want revenge, if the former Shredder was injured. Or later died from injuries if it went that route.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-10-2017 at 01:20 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote