View Single Post
Old 03-17-2020, 09:31 AM   #35
Swaynomics930
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonesyKitty View Post
I agree, toy hunting CAN be fun but for me it all comes down to what the situation is. I absolutely love vintage toy hunting. I know I can find them all on ebay for decent prices but I get a thrill out of not really knowing what I will find. Prime example, a few years ago I found the Green Jumpsuit Channel 6 April figure in a mix bag of junk for a dollar. That was awesome. The neverending search for a wild Scratch figure for a few bucks at an antique store or in a yardsale box being sold by someone who doesn't know what they have? I do that all the time. I probably never will find one but I refuse to buy one on ebay because it ruins the fun and once I buy that, I have the holy grail and have no need to go looking.

Hunting Neca Bebop and Rocksteady? F*** that. They are brand new and all over ebay. I'm not wasting time and money driving all over for them. That isn't fun to me because they should be readily available. I will eventually find one at a Target and when I do it won't be a satisfying event because of the thrill of hunting. It'll be a f***ing relief because it's done and over and I don't have to find them ever again. I gave up on those two and stopped going to Targets just to find them. Instead, now when we go to Target to get other stuff I casually look, of course hoping they are there but not expecting to find them.
Agree with all of this. If Randy and Neca want to give people a HUNT make a variant or limited edition of some sorts. Like Mcfarlane does with his sports licenses. Or Funko with their POP chases. BnR are important characters to the TV line why make them limited. Poor way to handle everything.

I really hope Walmart and Neca follow the same structure of GS. Preorder and have extra stock in store as well.
Swaynomics930 is offline   Reply With Quote