Thread: Discrimination
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 04:17 AM   #52
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I said "in the Americas". Meaning both North America and Latin America. Lots of people in Latin American nations seem to be very religious as well.

It wasn't until Brazilian immigrants began "invading" Portugal that I began seeing "Evangelist churches" and "7th Day Adventist" places popping up. What is a 7th Day Adventist even?!
My mother grew up in a Seventh Day Adventist church and I went to one briefly when young. They just celebrate the Sabbath on a Saturday (like in the Jewish calendar)...think it's Protestant. They taught about the second coming of Jesus or something. The only thing I remember is that from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday you're supposedly to not do things like play cards and stuff (the looks I got from the other kids was of terror when I even remotely suggested it). Oh you're also not supposed to watch TV, play video games, and stuff on the Sabbath. The diet is also vegetarian/vegan and you're definitely not supposed to eat pork. Yeah, my mom didn't follow that. lol She quit it, like every other church she tried, because of the rules. We did go back to our old church, which was non-denominational, meaning it doesn't cater to one sect or whatever. No matter which branch you believe in, you're welcome to join.

That particular church helped my family. When I was 4, my parents were struggling. They'd just moved from New York to Virginia and stuff. The church gave us food. We were forever grateful, and back then, the church was super small. It grew over the years...but I haven't been back since I graduated high school and neither have my parents. ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
No Hillary wasn't a nobody- that was part of the problem. People here like to paint her with the same brush as Bill and apparently it worked. Whether she was ever guilty of anything isn't even important- she was automatically guilty by association. And none of the other contenders had enough popularity or clout to really stand a chance. So Chump won by default- and you are right, he IS part of that system, and is one of the biggest movers and shakers in it to boot! I found it utterly disgusting the baldfaced lying and delusional thinking but many swallowed it hook line and sinker.
I still think Sanders would've done ok.

Last edited by ssjup81; 03-04-2017 at 04:22 AM.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote