View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 10:51 AM   #25
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu Deinonychus View Post
Yeah, I gotta disagree with that. The plot (minus April being a reporter, which was the one FW element that really worked because there's no Baxter after all) was almost entirely from the Mirage foot clan issues. And, as for the turtles themselves, well there is the annoying surfer slang (which is pretty cringe-worthy to watch as an adult), and Mike's "wackiness" (which I'm fine with because pure-Mirage Mike is a little "flat").

But, aside from that, they're still fairly Mirage faithful. They have Raphael's rage problem (and none of his sense of humor from the cartoon), the bickering between Raph and Leo, Don is brainy, but not constantly inventing new toys and playsets er I mean "weapons" and "vehicles".

I would call the 1990 movie mostly Mirage based, but with a sprinkling of FW elements (reporter April, Wacky Mike, Pizza, "gnarly slang", colored masks) to avoid confusing the kids. And, also some whole Oliver Twist, troubled youth, "crime doesn't pay" thing that doesn't really come from either. But, I don't agree that putting a drop of FW (and another drop of Oliver Twist) into a bucket of Mirage makes a bucket of FW.
Agreed. Good post.

I never really considered that reporter April kinda had to be, since there's no sensible way they could have fit Baxter and Mousers into that script.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote