View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 10:01 AM   #84
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
I just don't see why studios would spend money on producing docs and then put in a half-arsed job. The fans shouldn't have to pay to make a documentary, especially about something like Ghostbusters.

I believe that even though I haven't watched it. It's just sad studios like Sony don't licence these docs out.
It's both a blessing and a curse for a fan documentary to picked up by the franchise's studio. They tend to want things to be light, breezy, and short, and therefore, you lose a lot of the more in depth, dramatic, interesting material.

Quote:
Yeah I know but you saw how Disney treated the film on it's recent anniversary. A screening and a barebones blu-ray release and that was for celebrating 20 years!
Disney was once good for producing great special features for their greatest animated classics and some of their live action films, but even then, they'd cheap on many of their other films (including their package films, The Rescuers, Robin Hood, and The Great Mouse Detective). But now, I'm starting to doubt their effort in their most beloved films, since most of the new special features of their Walt Disney Signature Collection are Sing Alongs and things like "How to Make Meatballs," while classic, interesting bonus features are being thrown to the "Digital Only" bin.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote