View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 09:20 AM   #1
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

tmnt disposable mooks: the orgami ninja

You know, with the announcement of the new TMNT cartoon series, we've learned that is this series, which has a more mystical bent in it's themes, we will have foot soldiers who are basically golems made of paper, whom the turtles can freely hack, cut, and slash their way through, decapitating and maiming endless numbers of the foot, without having actual people die.

Like the robot foot soldiers before them, most people hate this idea. They claim it 'censors' the turtle's violence, and while this is true for the cartoons, I believe the origami ninja would be a perfect fit for a more series, live-action TMNT, as well.

Think about it... we all love seeing the turtles take on giant swarms of foot ninja, ridiculous numbers of these gut that get cut down during a total fight, only to have large numbers of foot ninja re-spawn later in the movie, seemingly out of nowhere. I don't think an elite ninja clan is goign to allow large numbers of New Yorkers to join. That's why I think the origami ninja could be a BRILLIANT IDEA; created through a mystical Kuji-kiri ninja 'spell' the origami ninja serve as the lowest rung cannon fodder, while the foot lieutenants and everyone higher up the foot's command structure are 'flesh and-blood people. That way, it has more meaning when the turtles cut down a LIVING foot soldier, but you can still have the mook swarms.

This is at least, my take on non human foot ninjas, like robots and magical origami FOOT NINJAS. I think they have their place in TMNT, and can be an interesting story element, and not just censorship.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote