View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 07:19 PM   #27
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Sure, those are multi-billion dollar things... but Power Rangers...?

I guess maybe I'm not seeing the big picture here. Maybe it's because the TMNT has never had a "huge" hit with any movies, and only the toys make the big money... and that new toys don't necessarily guarantee more big money.
One of the big factors is consistency of revenue.Power rangers remains roughly a consistent $350 million a year in revenue, while turtles may go high in some years, it can also drop off. The year the nick sale happened, TMNT was at a low Ebb, the 4kids show having just ended, and merchandise and licensing declining all across the board. Right now, during the sale to Hasbro, Power Rangers enjoys a high level of success worldwide.

The selling price isn't just figured what an IP has the potential to earn, but what it has recently proven to earn. Power ranger's constant seasonal turnover, compared to TMNT's turn over every 3-7 years, is a more consistent stream of revenue, thus making PR more valuable in that regard.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote