View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 03:08 PM   #53
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
I feel like video games, like the rest of the things I'm into and have been into for decades, are something I'll never grow out of. The minute I got a Hylian crest tattooed on my arm I had to know I was all in.

Time is the thing. Working full-time, with marriage, dogs, and making comics and recording podcasts in whatever free time I can scrounge up otherwise, makes for a pretty full schedule. So if I play games, they're usually something quick and accessible like fighting games or Mario Kart with the wife or when friends are over. Realistically, any story-based game that takes 20+ hours to finish is gonna get played for an hour or so and then forgotten about. And I have so many partially-completed games on my "to finish" list already that the idea of starting another one is pretty daunting.

We're collecting more than we're playing, though. Been lucky enough to stumble into a lot of great finds on classic games over the past year. I put together a makeshift game shelf from a couple of shoe shelves and these colourful boxes from the dollar store that holds SNES, Genesis, and N64 cartridges perfectly:

https://s23.postimg.org/lgvctkukb/gameshelf.jpg
I like those figures!
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote