View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 09:28 AM   #28
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
Ah, yes, I was referring to the Triceraton/Shredder/Bebop/Rocksteady.
I'm going to guess that the production runs on those were quite a bit higher. They did sell to a lot more stores and each of those figures also had an exclusive version available at SDCC as well. (Shredder and Triceraton actually had two variants.) Plus, with those figures they were recycling the body and arms between every figure. So there was less work and expense in the mold production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
Do you suppose maybe that's not the actual size comparison for Splinter, just a small hint of what he will look like super-imposed on a Don image at a smaller size? I'm probably just wishing on a star there.
It's hard to tell with the lighting in that picture. But that looks like actual vinyl, not a prototype. And if they have gone to the trouble of creating the mold to produce him at that scale already, he'll probably stay at that scale. Although if they are using 3D printing, they could have just made a 1:2 scale version to test the design and fit. But my primary reason for thinking that he'll stay that size is that finding room for the torso piece in the packaging for which ever Turtle includes it will be difficult if it is much larger that that.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote