View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 10:53 PM   #33
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I don't know Rose you're opening a can of worms if we want to decide what is legit martial arts and what's not. I'd argue most modern American dojos are scams for money. It's hard to find a legit school and I can see some people totally being able to learn from a video and even a book, hell one of my sensei's had this old ass book that fell apart that he would look at whenever he would forget what went on in a Kata, of course he actually learned from a teacher and only used it as a resource.

That video though, I feel so bad for him but if he really does know the Katas he would only need a few classes with a teacher to teach him how to do the them correctly, the hardest part for the most part is remembering the moves, perfectioning the stances is also hard especially if you have bad habits but you can learn that faster I would think.

Then again I feel most Katas are trash and should only be learned by kids as a way to teach them discipline, anyone older than 15 should be learning things you can actually use in combat.

But as far as the thread itself, that's the only reason I prefer Hamato Yoshi as a human, the rat learning by itself is dumb.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote