View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 01:04 PM   #86
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

My feelings about the designs are also ambivalent. Mostly because I'm at least 70 percent sure we are going to get some cheap ass animation. Kim Possible may be the only show where characters have sharp edges and no curves but the animation is still fluid. And even in that show there were characters made up with almost no sharp angles to their design. Just from the trailer it looks like during down time its going to be jagged animation central, and then maybe things will look smoother during fights. MAYBE.

As far as Raph is concerned, my favorite Raphael is 87 Raphael. And sometimes I wonder if it is possible to blend the typical hot headed angry Raphael with the sarcasm and wit of 87 Raphael. I don't really...know how Rise Raphael is going to pan out, all I know is he won't be angry. I'm semi interested in this change.

I can at least understand why they felt the need to alter Leo's character but I still don't like it. It's like they are passively saying Leo's typical character archetype is boring, outdated, and needs to be phased out. Where as personalities like Mikey are fine and are left alone.

As far as how they actually look well from worst to best I'd go: Splinter, Donnie, Raph, April, Leo, Mikey.

Splinter...I know this is a cartoon and in cartoons fat squat people can also do kung fu. But not very much about his design is appealing to me. So I'm hoping he has an awesome personality.

Donnie's head is just too big. If the top part was just SLIGHTLY shorter I would like this design more. The exaggeration is just too much for me.

Raph is too big. I'd like his design more if it at least looked like he could feasibly fit down a man hole. He honestly looks like a giant. Like Hagrid standing next to Harry Potter.

April is okay. Her outfit is cute but I don't like her hair. Its just the most generic hairstyle they could possibly give a black girl so it feels lazy.

Leo and Mikey I am the most okay with. I'm not bothered by the markings.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote