View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 10:55 AM   #32
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
Ditto! IDW always does an amazing job pairing artist to theme but they really knocked this one out of the park, giving Tunica lots of rooooooom to work his magic. I felt really spirited away on Mr. Toad [Baron]'s wild ride!
now i'm very eager to see more of Tunica's art!! hope after this arc he returns to get to draw the actual Ninja Turtles as well! i'd love to see his take on telling a story with them.

this is one thing i really love about the IDW Tmnt as well as all the back-ups and mini series, is we get to see an exploration of a good variety of artists and styles.
it's not all uniform like how the Big Two have become.

several thing kept coming to mind with this Toad story was Alice in Wonderland. especially the John Tenniel illustrations. ....and that's a GOOD thing!!!!
another thing i felt reading this issue was the haunting yet enchanting feel it has.
something about this world of Toad had a similar vibe of like 'The Dark Crystal' or 'Labyrinth'. two of my ALL-TIME favorite movies, so this issue had me hooked!!!

after TMNT #36 and this story here, i'm really intrigued as to the Family of the Parliament. (if that's their official title?)