View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 01:57 PM   #78
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Hillary Clinton Used to Be Terrible On Marriage Equality

Quote:
It's ****ing moronic—it's political malpractice—to attack a politician for coming around on your issues. There are lots of other issues the queer community is going to be pressing politicians on, from passing equal rights bills and trans rights bills to defeating anti-trans bathroom legislation and RFRAs. If pols who are currently on the wrong side of any of those issues see no benefit to changing their positions—if they see no political benefit—they're going to be harder to persuade. Why should they come around on our issues, why should they switch sides or change their votes, if we're going to go after them hammer and tongs for the positions they used to hold? ("Please change your mind and support us." "No." "Pretty please?" "OK, I've changed my mind and I'll vote to support you." "**** YOU FOR NOT ALWAYS AGREEING WITH ME! I'M NOT VOTING FOR YOU! **** YOU SOME MORE!")
Of course, these are people attacking the child of a former legislator and executive.
But the point remains.

Chelsea isn't wrong.
And pointing out that Hillary changed her stance is moronic.

You're better than this, Andrew.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.