View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 10:42 AM   #5
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Oh I skimmed through the article and missed the "male student taken into custody" part, my bad.

It sucks this keeps on happening in USA. I used to think it was strictly due to your gun laws... but in Europe we also have countries like Switzerland, Finland and Serbia where a lot of people own guns and this kind of stuff does not seem to happen, so there's probably a deeper reason for this issue.
Yes, I think that's pretty astute. Every time you think you find an answer or solution, there's evidence of that one law or freedom working out just fine in another part of the world.

For instance, I'm pretty adamant that there needs to be greater gun control laws in the U.S., but just the other day, someone pointed out to me that Chicago has the strictest gun laws in the country, yet that is where the most homicides are at.
Now that reasoning could lean more towards the gang culture there, but it still doesn't support strong evidence for harsher gun laws in an argument.

So, perhaps it's an assortment of things leading to these tragedies. I'm starting to wonder if it mostly comes down to culture and mental illness.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote