View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 02:13 PM   #27
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
You both are right and also are wrong. The car one, Race with the Demon has a premise similar to that of the horror movie/book Christine with the name similar to Race with the Devil.

The giant bird, Eyes of the Chimera, resembles the monster called The Giant Claw and can appear as a total monster depending on what a chimera is made of in mythology.

The Bigfoot episode, Foot Too Big, wasn't horror but did have a reference with Finger talking to his dead mother like Norman Bates from Psycho.

Vision Quest and The Croaking weren't horror at all to my knowledge.

That's still a majority of episodes with horror elements with five in total, but four of the eight which were full on tributes (Within the Woods, Buried Secrets, In Dreams, and Race with the Demon) and the other four either had a reference depending on mileage (Eyes of the Chimera) or did not (the remaining three episodes).

It's not every episode Coola, but Cubed it's still a half to a majority.
I don't count vision quest. For me that's the 'they finally stopped all the horror **** and are finally moving on with the story' episode. It does have too much of a horror theme in one way or another. The April mom episode was a reference to The Thing and even though the frogs wasn't exactly horror the title itself is still a Shining parody.

Horror is fine and all, but not back to back to back. The Northampton arc felt more like the horror in the woods arc which ruined the point. Imagine a season where half was back to back time travel or back to back 80s crossover or back to back 'Mikey does something stupid and must fix it' episodes.

All those kinds of episodes work and can add variety to the show but not if they're done 5 episodes or so in a row.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote