View Single Post
Old 08-06-2005, 08:53 PM   #52
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarky
Well, I think Bruce was a great addition/replacement to the producing team. I mean, before the episodes were riddled with plotholes such as the rangers suddenly appearing in a place when they were somewhere else a second before. In SPD you get to see them move out to a mission.
...Power Rangers has always had plot holes, (horses on the moon spring to mind) but there easy to explain, there Power Rangers. They can either move quickly, or teleport, you're not supposed to care about the minor details. Its' a well written toy commercial.

Bruces' llack of watching other seasons comes back to haunt him, the S.P.D/Dinothunder crossover that leaked in Canada stands as his worst episode to date.

Spoiler:
The concept is excellent (setting it in the past, before "Thunder Struck"), but some of the conclusion is baffling and goes unexplained. The only other prop I give it is that Grumms' unseen master is referenced...

As it stands, there hav'nt been a great deal of seasons that have earned the title "absolutley overated", but S.P.D falls under the catergory quite distinctly. It got more and more mediocre as it progressed, if you're not an avid fan of Sentai, I suppose you could watch S.P.D diligently. I'm a fan of both, I hate what Sentai has since become, and I hate what P.R is doing to stifile its' own identity. It used to work around the footage, only adapting the storylines here and there. Not consistently with a few flashes of originality.

Its' not a mystery that P.R became extremly dark by the time Wild Force wrapped up, but examples set by Dinothunder, despite its' faults, IS what Power Rangers should be. Fun, and should'nt aspire to be anything else. N.S and D.T reminded me of why I watched MMPR in the first place, and there two of my favorate seasons as a result, D.T right at the top of the list previously held by Lost Galaxy, which also managed to balance itself between light and dark, fun, and serious.

All in all, it's quite an interesting contrast to Dinothunder, which everyone ALSO drooled over, the same will happen when Mystic Force arrives on the scene, and people start kicking S.P.D to the curb thinking THIS one is better. Bandwagon approach. Never fails to amuse me.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 08-06-2005 at 09:07 PM.
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote