View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 08:44 PM   #76
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Well, that third part could've used more work. A bit more showing rather than telling, a bit less on the nose crap. I still liked it alright, but mostly because of what was established in the first two episodes. I LOVED the first act, though. Watching Raph single-handedly go from bottom to leader of two major tribes through fighting was a treat. Everything else was alright, but could've been done much better. Especially Leo. As Powder said, the last ten minutes are especially rushed and unfortunately don't make for the best ending.

Aaaaaaaand, that's it. Five years. Five seasons. Every episode. Other than the ones currently unreleased of course, but this is the finale. Man, I remember being so excited for this show when it first came out in 2012. I counted down the days to September 29 like a freakin madman, and I was not disappointed when season 1 came out. It impressed me enough on its own to keep me invested in the show as it went on. Season 2 equally impressed me and, in some cases, I liked even more being a bit more dramatic. The golden moments of Seasons 3-5 have been worth it. While it's a bit sad to watch a show go through seasonal rot, it's nice to know it went out on a fairly high note. I'm really glad we got this show, it's still my favorite of the three TMNT series easily. I'll always be able to rewatch my season 1 and my season 2, my Tale of the Yokai and my Requiem/Owari, my Darkest Plight and my Lone Rat and Cubs. For that, I couldn't be happier.

Thanks for the run, guys. It was a lot of fun.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote