View Single Post
Old 09-17-2016, 07:56 AM   #90
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
If they do appear, they may be given makeovers, considering they're giving Mole Man an altered look, but then the classic villains that appeared in the original RYV series looked pretty much the same.
It sounded like Ryan Stegman had free range to reimagine the rogues gallery as he wished, so I'm guessing most, if not all, villains who appear will be getting updates of some kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Who do you reckon the mystery villain for the series is?
Well, both Green Goblin and Doc Ock have had histories of being behind-the-scenes masterminds, but are also super obvious. (Given that some of the 616 comics have insinuated that Norman Osborn hates both Peter and Mary Jane for their perceived roles in his son's downfall and death, it would be interesting to see how he interacts, now that they have a child of their own, but I'm not sure they should pull the Goblin in right away, as he's used so much in the franchise.) Kingpin could be interesting, although I get the impression that he's not as interested in power in the supers community.

I want to see Mysterio somewhere down the line, but I don't know if he's big cheese material. Venom would be very interesting guest-star, too, esp. because of the role he played in the original RYV series, but he seems to prefer working alone, so I doubt he's the secret villain.

I kind of wonder of Hobgoblin would be a good choice for the mastermind. He's got the means to do it and the ambition, but would be a less predictable choice than Green Goblin or Ock. Of course, given that Mole-Man is appearing, it could very well be a non-Spider-Man villain, but I'm having trouble thinking of a likely possibility.

What do you think?
WebLurker is offline   Reply With Quote