View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 07:20 AM   #13
Wes
Mad Scientist

aden: Ah, I see -- so you're not so much into the ML/DC character lines in general as opposed to harboring any specific issues with ML-based customs. Gotcha.

Vaughn: Well, I care what other customizers' tastes are! I mean, I'm not going to let them determine what I ultimately do, but others' input/insights/suggestions/etc. are always welcome.

The Tournament Fighters Shredder is my ideal version of Shredder too, but I'm much too lazy (and OC when it comes to painting) to even want to attempt a straight up replication of his in-game appearance. I also suck at sculpting, and the Super Shredder armor is conveniently oversized enough to fit a ML figure.

Besides, I kinda want to make something that, while based on other interpretations of Shredder, is ultimately unique. It's entirely possible that a Jin Saotome or Loosecollector will come along and do a wicked Tournament Fighters Shredder... and then I'll be left feeling more/less like mine is inadequate. But if I do a largely unique version, anyone who one-ups it will be copying me.

That said, I have an interesting idea for how to proceed -- which will take this custom in a slightly different and more, say, demonic direction... -- but I'll need to acquire another figure before I can proceed. I'll keep y'all posted.

* Scary-Crayon * Wesoteric * Chew your gum properly, ok?

Aaand... Technodrome buy/sell/trade thread here!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote