View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 10:24 AM   #21
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

For what I'd do for the next tmnt film, I would soft reboot the series, only vagely referncing thier battles with Bebop, Rocksteady, Shredder, and Krang.

Personally, I would just do a stand alone, live action adaptation of the TMNT adventures Archie comics story arc 'midnight sun'. I think it would make a good story (with a few modifications) and the way the white Ninjas simply vanish when 'killed' would allow for the TMNT to cut loose with their weapons in a gritty ninja battle. Ninjara/Alopex, Hothead, and Chien Kahn would give Playmates toys plenty of merchandise to peddle, and a finale where the TMNT, Splinter and Oyuki battle Chen and the white Ninja, while a Giant hothead and Noi-da-tarr trashed a japanese city kaiju-style would be epic.

Story wise, I'd remove April O' Neal from the plot, and also remove the Hiroshima/nuclear references. I'd begin with a brief flashback covering the turtles and Splinter/Hamato Yoshi's origin. Then I'd have the film start with Oyuki (here a ninja herself) come to America to tell Splinter/Yoshi that his old friend Fu Sheng had been kidnapped by the white ninja. The turtles and Splinter go with her to japan, and try to rescue Sheng from Chien Khan. Khan, along with his controlled lackeys hothead and Ninjara. (here ninjara, Hothead and Chen were all humans changed into anthros by Noi Da tarr's magic) The turtles, Oyyuki, and Splinter fight the white ninja all over Japan, trying to prevent them from assembling the artifacts that will allow Chien to open a portal to free his master. At the film's climax, Chen Kahn forces Sheng to complete the ritual that opens the portal and lets Noi Dat Tarr into our world. Ninjara and Hothead break free from Chen's control, and Sheng uses his powers to allow Hothead to grow to giant size. And a final epic martial arts battle to save the world begins.

At least, that's what I'd do for the next TMNT film.

Last edited by Panda_Kahn_fan; 02-22-2017 at 11:48 AM.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote