Thread: [Fan Art] Mostly Utroms
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2016, 02:46 AM   #10
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I personally find the shading to be too intense on the original, which is part of why I did a second version; I had been experimenting with shadows that were were a little kinder to the eye. Or at least mine.

My latest redraw has been with Quanin spending a little time with Krang while his mother sleeps. I had drawn Temre handling him most of the time, and in other instances of Quanin holding him, he wasn't tolerating it.

This is the first one.
Spoiler:

I was clueless as to how to handle Utrom sleeping arrangements, and still am, so I started off extraordinarily simple for a General and Supreme Council Member.
Quanin is a lot more alert, I'm still using long tentacles next to their eyes (we need an anatomy chart and come up with some actual names for their extra tentacles...and what they're used for). Krang is tiny, and Temre's lower jaw looks weird to me. And still no official configuration for her scars.
This version has a (barely used) cradle. Look at that thing, it's huge for a baby that tiny.

This is the second.
Spoiler:

This time around, the bed is something of a four-poster canopy that's probably in the middle of their room. Quanin is more relaxed, and with him laying against Temre rather than against her, and with the blanket pulled up higher around them, it looks cozier. Bedding is brown instead of purple. Krang is a bit bigger, and for them, is probably cradled more properly.

The cradle is absent from this version; unless they have something itty bitty, I doubt Utroms use them a lot; unless they have bassinets attached to their walkers, a concept I find adorable, but can't seem to configure. In fact, there's probably quite a lot that Utroms wouldn't share with humans, but that's something I'll get into another time.