View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 11:05 AM   #44
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The humor was very self-aware parody and drywall satire humor. It's a lot different than say the humor in the Nick cartoon, which goes for the modern cartoon approach of "loud and in your face" type humor.
Yep, that's why I could never get the humour of the 4Kids series. Any sporadic attempts at humour were cringe worthy and really unfunny. I'm not sure but I'm guessing the Nick show is like that as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Well there was... Uhm... Well... I mean... Hm... How many are you asking for? Let's see... This really hard...
Yes you don't like the Fred Wolf series, we get it already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
My favourite funny moment is when Casey Jones gets hired in Corporate Raiders for Dimension X.
That was great! Even at the time I thought that was funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I found it so bizzare how the turtles didnt recognize bebop and rocksteady through those disguises. Either disguises in the FW show look much more convincing within the show than to us the audience or the turtles were just messing around with those two on purpose.
I mean the writers knew what they were doing. They knew how ridiculous these situations were but they just went with it and some of these results are priceless like the Casey scene mentioned above. The humour was always a very underrated part of the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I don't really laugh as in the, "tremendous amount of laughter" aspect like you would in a movie theater, but I do crack a smile and chuckle at some of the funnier or more amusing moments.
Any TV show does a good job if it can create a good balance between the differing elements.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote