View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 11:29 AM   #8
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I don't really care about this either way, but... if you're clocking on to do a job (and these guys are), how much Freedom of Speech are you really guaranteed during your working shift? In any job? If I get hired to do a job, and every day at 8:30 AM, I'm supposed to stand in the break room with all of the other employees and recite pages from the Employee Handbook as part of the job details... can I just say "No, I'm not going to do that, I'm going to stare at the ceiling and hum the theme to 'Lassi' instead because that's what I want to do"? I think not. I don't think football players should be allowed to be special.
You're alright, you.

Spoiled millionaires can whine about their politics on Facebook and Twitter on their own time, like everybody else. People who work real jobs can and do get fired every day for espousing political views that are contradictory to those of the company paying them. Right or wrong, that behavior causes a conflict of interest that puts the company in an unenviable position, and most companies are liable to shareholders.

In ANY job, ANYwhere, you're expected to toe a certain line in order to continue collecting a paycheck. There are written AND unwritten policies of behavior, at ANY job, period. You don't follow them, you take a walk.

Adding in the fact that, statistically, if most of these guys weren't playing sportsball, they'd be in jail or otherwise not doing so great, they'd probably be best off focusing on what they're being paid to do, and share Personal Opinions on Personal Time.

Of course, the dirty truth is, it's really more about attention on themselves than it is about any cause or belief. That's why they INSIST upon making a big spectacle out of waving their "beliefs" like a flag in the first place.

Either way, there's wisdom in the saying, "Don't sh*t where you eat." Maybe they could stick that in their playbook.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote