View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 09:22 AM   #22
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Oh man, I wish I could be upper middle class. That would be amazing!
In fact at this point, middle class would also be amazing. Alas I'm neither.

I am of some Italian Ancestry, depending on who you speak to. And trust me, Roman Catholics are no strangers to guilt. Even recovering ones.
It's interesting you mention whiteness in reference to Italians, we're relatively new at being white in America.
And my Italian relatives are often subject to Colorism, being from the south and thereby darker than the folks that hail from the northern part of the country.

In the interest of clarifying some nomenclature:
All people are subject to bigotry, but not all people are subject to oppression.
Racism is the intersection of bigotry and systemic oppression. White people, especially white men, are not subject to systemic oppression in the United States.

This isn't to say that every white dude in America has an easy life, or that there aren't other privilege factors at play. For example, there's class privilege, socio-economic privilege, sexual orientation privilege, among others.

It's possible that you might hear more white people talking about white privilege than people of color because of the particular circles you run in online or in the meat space, or because there are more white people than people of color. There's a reason we use the term minority.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote