View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 02:21 PM   #12
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior

I completely agree - I don't understand what the point is to draw out the finale season and kill any hype for the last few episodes by incurring such long gaps between episodes.

ESPECIALLY now that they have shifted format to multi episode mini arcs that will inevitably feature cliffhangers.

That's why I was wondering if this was something that had been done before by Nick to other series. Its sad and somehow telling that this was done to Young Justice - it almost a stealth means to kill a series.
Steven Universe seems so extreme an example I'd almost be tempted to discount it simply because I can't fathom any reason for it to be only due to scheduling quirks. Some kind of dispute behind the scenes seems likely, but who is to know for sure?

Thanks for the thoughts anyway guys.

I guess that leads to the next question -
Given that the hiatus' started around the PD film releases (to the best of my knowledge they delayed episodes for Season 3 to accommodate the film and scuppered their halloween timing as a result), do you think that the subsequent fallout from that hiatus + the relatively modest takings from the PD films resulted in a desire to see the show 'finished' off by the studio so they could begin work on a restart? Hence a 'soft cancellation' tactic of these hiatus' to kill enthusiasm among the fan base and thereby ratings (thus giving justification to restart the show).

Season 3 was already due for release, if not started already by then (I'm sure someone will correct me there), and its likely season 4 was already mid production at that point. So season 5 may have been a concession to allow the shows crew to finish it off with some closure.
I dunno, the more I write this the more it comes across like a gentle conspiracy theory to kill off the 2012 series, but do you guys think something along those lines might have been the case?
If not, what do you think might have been the reason for the constant delays?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...the-sedisverse
Tarris Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote