View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 12:13 AM   #23
Ra
It's my desire?

Not really weird news, but I think it didn't really deserve it's own thread.

Quote:
Two would-be armed robbers have had an unlucky run-in with 50 bikers, who stopped them after they tried to hold up a western Sydney club last night.

The pair, armed with machetes, threatened staff at the club on Terrene Street at Regent's Park about 9:00pm (AEDT).

About 50 members of the Southern Cross Cruiser motorcycle club were meeting there and caught one of the men in the car park.

They held him down until police came and arrested him.

The president of the club, who goes by the nickname Jester, says the robbers did not realise his group was there.

"I asked one of the guys in the foyer - I think it was either the security or one of the managers there - if there was a back entrance out of the bar and he said, 'Yeah, round by the roller door out the front,' so we ran around the roller door out the front," he said.

"This guy opened up the roller door and we crash-tackled him in the doorway, so in the heat of the moment, I just grabbed him and threw him to the ground."

Police say the second man was found at Auburn a short time later.

One man is under police guard at Westmead Hospital with minor injuries and the other man is helping with inquiries.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...28/2175003.htm

"So. The whole lot of you against little old me? How retarded."
Ra is offline   Reply With Quote