View Single Post
Old 02-04-2016, 09:30 PM   #25
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno View Post
Sorry to hear about your mother OP.

When I was a kid I remember my grandpa going away for awhile to california. Come to find out years later he had prostate cancer. As a kid to me he never appeared sick so I had no clue I just remember being told he was on vacation in california with my great uncle. He was in remission for fifteen years. In 05 he was diagnosed with colon cancer. The year prior to his diagnosis my dad had passed away so my grandpa moved in which really helped fill the void. He had a sucessful surgery and I was taking him to chemo on a regular basis. He was doing great he hadn't lost his appetite, he hadn't lost much weight, and he didn't feel any pain. A little over a year later he was in remission again and even went back to work until he finally retired. At this point he was eighty years old. Fast forward to May of last year and he went for his regular checkup and the doctor had found that he had liver cancer. At this point my grandpa was ninety and he didn't want anymore done.
He passed away June 2nd 2015 just four days shy of his 91st birthday. We had a great time with him for his last month with us. He was at peace with everything and everyone. It was tough but you have to find a way to keep moving forward. I still have dreams of him but they're good dreams. Dreams of when he was younger and healthy.

I'm not gonna lie I'm crying while typing this. Someday, hopefully soon, in our lifetime cancer will be but a distant memory.
I really appreciate your response. It's really hard. Every time some one aske me how my moms doing I can't help but cry. Lol it's getting to the point I feel like over cried more this last year then almost any time my whole life.

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote