View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 02:06 PM   #35
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I am over the age of 30 so the whole youtube generation is something after my time. When I watch youtube videos I just type in whatever I want to see, or a trailer for a movie, or an episode/clip of a show/movie I want to find. I don't actually follow any youtubers, or listen to people rant about whatever for 20-30 minutes.

As said I wonder if it has to do with my age. I was born in the 80's, when youtube came out in 2005 I was already 20 years old. So the whole "youtuber" generation thing happened after I was already in College. In fact I didn't even know people even made money on youtube till 2013 or so.

It's the same reason I don't go on social media unless I'm lurking what people say in specific fandoms, because I am a "forum dweller" from the late 90's and early 2000's. I guess I'm an old man now.
Quit acting like you're super old, we're around the same age and social media hit big when I was still in High School with myspace, at the same time youtube also hit it big this was 2005 so the "youtuber" subculture had already started with the likes of AVGN and the like which all current youtubers have evolved from whether they think of it or not.

These are very much "our" generations thing. If you had already finished HS before 2000 then yeah this might not've been your thing but it's our generation that started this "new" world you speak off.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote