View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 09:23 AM   #41
Patraw
Stone Warrior

Here's some more random loose stuff I bought, or was given, this past week:

Transformers Beast Wars Depthcharge. Missing his accessories, but otherwise intact. Arguably one of the worst examples of kibble ever--getting him to stand is no easy feat with all that crap on his back. Pretty cool figure overall though.

Two Starscreams, Transformers Armada and a Burger King movie version (with battle damage chest action, a la MOTU). The Energon one is missing numerous parts, most noticeably the wings, but the electronic sounds still work. Oddly enough, even without all the parts, the jet mode still looks decent.

Burger King Fantastic Four figures, Doctor Doom, Silver Surfer, Mr. Fantastic, and the Human Torch. One of my nieces gave me the Thing months ago too, but I can't remember where I put it. The Silver Surfer is almost impossible to get to stand with that crazy pose. I love this version of Victor Von Doom--the huge fists just suit him somehow, and I like that they went the extra mile and vac-metallized his face.

And, continuing with the FF4 theme, a large, kiddy-style Thing figure. He's goofy looking, but I adore him.

Some random, camouflaged, African American 12" G.I.JOE. I don't know if the pants belong to him or not, but he came with them. If anybody knows more about him, please share (I think he's just a generic one, rather than a specific RAH character, but I may be wrong).

No idea (Robotech maybe?). He's some kind of Power Ranger-esque Police dude. The copyright date is 1988 Toho/Takara. If anybody knows who, or what, this is, please let me know. It's got a mighty impressive amount of articulation for a late 80s figure, and has some peg holes for attaching pieces of armor/accessories.

Pocahontas' plush raccoon from the Disney movie of the same name (I think the animal's name is Miko, but I don't remember). His hands are velcro and stick together, and, if you squeeze his belly, there's a mechasim inside that emits a raccoon-like chittering sound. I wasn't all that fond of the movie (not that I got to be objective about it when I watched it, as I was in a Native American studies class in college at the time, and the only reason the professor had us watching it was so that we could identify and pick apart the negative stereotypes), but I do like raccoons.