View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #15
LeoNerdo
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
We've also seen Lionsgate release some incredibly cheap cover art.
They used rip-off 4Kids stock art on volumes 2, 3, 4, 6, Season 5, and Season 8.
(They even used the same Donatello image on three different covers and the same Raphael on Volumes 5 and Season 4.)
On the Season 7 set they started ripping off the 2007 movie poses.

I once thought that they were waiting so long to release Seasons 9 and 10 because they were awaiting Nick to release some new TMNT stock art for them to rip off on future DVD covers.

This decision by Lionsgate was all the more baffling to me because the initial Season 1 dvd had great cover art that actually reflected the way the turtles came to be recognized from the show. I'm not sure where that art came from, but it reminded me a lot of the old VHS covers. I remember I just happened to see it at Walmart one day shortly after its release and grabbed it immediately in disbelief. I was 16 or 17 at the time and didn't really care to buy or keep up with dvd releases back then. But from then on I've kept tabs on when new volumes/seasons were released and got all the subsequent releases on or around release day.

Anyways, just got my shipping notice on Season 10 from amazon. I'll have my copy Monday or Tues.
LeoNerdo is offline   Reply With Quote