View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 02:44 PM   #34
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
I was a child in this era and saw the film in theaters. I remember the publicity well. It was just called "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III." To put things into perspective, one of the kids who claimed the film was called "Turtles in Time" also claimed the first film was R and that the original Alien was G....

Not quite related, but I have fond memories of seeing these films in theaters. The theatrical one sheet for TMNT III, with the Turtles riding horses in samurai gear, was beautiful, far better than the actual film (and lightyears better than the home video art!).

When I saw TMNT II at the theater, I was handed a fake dollar that had Mikey on it. For whatever reason, I thought it was part of a Kool-Aid promo, similar to one they had for The Jetsons Movie, where you turned in a Kool-Aid rebate to the theater and they handed you a Jetsons toy, but I can't find anything on it. It must've been a local thing that the theater had done. I wish I still had it (the same goes for that Jetsons toy).
Thumbs up, thumbs up and thumbs up.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote