View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 09:31 PM   #816
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
True. Though it's hard not to think that if those Platinum films had kicked ass, we may be looking at slightly larger numbers today.
I have wondered that myself, Especially bc the series was so new at the time still. I believe we were only about 24 issues in. If I remember I think we did see a slight spike in sales when the first movie came out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Yep, it's what makes me think after issue 100 we'll see a major shake-up in the series. That's still a long way away (we'll be in late 2019 before that happens), so we'll see how sales go.

IDW TMNT has way too many plotlines going to wrap up by issue 100, so even if they start over with a new #1, as long as it's all the same continuity it should be fine.

Keep in mind they kept the Nick animated comic going for years despite very low sales, the last few issues only sold barely above 5,000 copies. I also doubt the Rise of the TMNT cartoon comic will sell very well either, and they'll probably keep it around for awhile anyway. Sometimes I honestly wonder what the lowest sales are to still remain profitable, after the writer/artists/editors get paid, then the printing costs, than the % fee to Nickelodeon because it's a licensed property, etc.
This is a very good question. But The numbers you see dropping is not a complete drop bc the sales of physical comics is shrinking industry wide and moving towards digital sale. Also I think is was Bobby that said the entire industry was in a down turn right now bc of how badly Marvel was ******** the bed. So my point being I feel the main ongoing will be safe for a while bc.....

1)TMNT is still one of IDW top selling books. It was 1# for years until recently.
2) Idw make money from not only the book itself but also from TPBs, Hardcorvers, reprints and Ad revenue.
I am sure I could come up with a few more reasons if I wanted to but thats it for now
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote