View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 02:21 PM   #56
Zog
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
This doesn't mean there'll be a WB made TMNT game, they also had Freddy/Jason/Alien/Predator/Hellboy as guests in their other fighting games. I mean I wish it were true but TMNT games are doomed to be mobile only, especially after the failure of TMNT Out of the Shadows (the game not the movie).

People being pissed that these guest characters are in the DC or Mortal Kombat games are valid concerns, there are tons of characters from the DC universe that deserve a slot and even MK characters instead of Jason who doesn't fit the mythology so I get pissed too, with this It's an exception to the rule since the fangirl in me overrides it.
I am both a huge MK and TMNT fan. It does bother me to see guest characters in the MK games, but I understand it may help sell. But for the Injustice games I don't mind the guest characters so much since we have so many different outlets for the DC universe (comics, movies, tv, games, etc.) where as MK only has one (games) relevant one. Plus, at least Hellboy and the TMNT are within the same genre as DC characters and by that I mean comic book characters. The guest characters in MK are simply from horror/sci-fi movies. Now if we got Ryu, Jago, and/or Kazuya as guest characters I would be interested in that. Although I'd still say in-universe MK characters first then those guys

With that said, I did geek out to see this reveal and am excited to play this game even more now. FYI Best Buy will have this game on sale for $19.99 as part of their Black Friday sale. The DLC fighter packs are $19.99 each, individual characters are $5.99, and the ultimate pack which includes all the dlc is $39.99. With this deal you could get the whole game plus all the dlc for $59.98, however if/when they release a "complete edition" my guess is that it would be $40-50. Or if you really just want to play as the TMNT buying the game with this deal plus just the characters would total to $25.98 as long as they follow the price trend.
Zog is offline   Reply With Quote